Clubhouse network?

oldnovice 09:54 10 Jul 2008

My sister belongs to a holiday campsite all the chalets have power but only the clubhouse has a telephone line and connected to the internet they would like to make it possible for the site members to gain internet access either by wireless or by using the club facilities any advice on how to do this would be appreciated.

Taff™ 10:52 10 Jul 2008

Not had experience of this type of thing but there would seem to be two options. I presume the clubhouse could be connected to broadband and it would be relatively simple to put a wireless router there for site members to use with their laptops. Encryption would need to be used and changed on a regular basis but members could be informed of the new encryption quite easily.

A high gain outdoor aerial such as this one from Hawking Technologies could be used to enable site members to access the internet from their chalets. click here

Two problems I can see though with both of these. If a lot of people were connected at the same time you could have bandwidth problems. Secondly, most ISP`s have a clause in their contracts about sharing connections. You would have to have a Professional/Business package and these cost significantly more than domestic tariffs.

The third option is to set up a full commercial wireless hot spot, again not cheap and would members be prepared to pay for it`s use?

oldnovice 12:57 10 Jul 2008

Hi Taff™ yes the members would be willing to pay and they would want to do it legally are there any companys or internet sites you could direct me to that give information on Professional/Business packages Thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?