Close lid to hibernate

perks842 20:24 09 Jul 2009

Hello all, when i bought my Asus laptop i could close the lid and it would hibernate i beleive the term is, basically the laptop stops running but keeps memory of where you left it, One day i changed the settings and i I've tried to revert it back but it doesn't do it anymore, when the lid closes it keeps running, i tried all sorts even through the sleep options too.

Does anyone know the correct settings for my requirement?

It is an Asus X53series with Power4gear extreme battery management if that helps.

any help is much appreciated thanks.

Dan

woodchip 21:44 09 Jul 2009

Go to Control Panel\Power Icon then Hibernate tab to set it. You should turn computer off with shut down at night so that files do not get jumbled. Hibernate
only during day, when in normal use

perks842 22:51 09 Jul 2009

on my battery icon menu with each battery life plan (saving, entertainment and high performance) it doesn't have hibernate, close lid action only has the options of do nothing, sleep or shut down which none achieve what i want.....

Stuartli 23:27 09 Jul 2009

woodchip has offered the solution via Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernate tab.

You may also have the option of selecting Sleep or Hibernate via Shut Down from Start by holding down (IIRC) Ctrl and keeping the cursor on the button.

mooly 08:20 10 Jul 2009

Have you accidently deleted the hibernate file using disc cleanup etc
click here

bobbybowls 09:25 10 Jul 2009

right click desktop > properties > screen saver > power > hibernate > tick enable hibernation > advanced > select lid closed and power button options.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?