Close Down Problem with Nvidia

Tigertops 13:59 16 Jun 2007

When I turn off my Windows XP a small screen appears headed

End Programme Nvidia Twin View Window

It instructs me to wait until it has closed down---and does not like it if I attempt to exit it before it has finished!

I have no idea where this has come from or how to get rid of it. PC System contains a PNY 7300 Graphics card with NVIDIA of course.. Somehow I must have got this window running but would now like to know if I can get rid of it.

Any advice please?

[email protected] 14:10 16 Jun 2007

thats a strange one, try my computer>> device manager>> graphics adaptor>> driver details and see whats there.
if it's an nvidia driver download
click here
to desktop, remove nvidia drivers with add/remove in control panel and install new drivers, if it is not then uninstall the card via device manager (after downloading new driver, reboot and install new drivers.
good luck.
adam

ambra4 14:12 16 Jun 2007

Hi,

Right click on your desktop and click properties, then click settings tab at the top, click advanced button at the bottom, click on the Nvidia or GeForce tab at top, if you have one of the latest detonator drivers installed it should open a quick access panel on the left of that window, click "nView Display Mode", under nView modes in the middle of the window you should select "Single Display"

Let us know if it doesn't work

[email protected] 14:14 16 Jun 2007

try ambra4' advice first sounds a bit more straight forward and logical than mine!

Tigertops 15:03 16 Jun 2007

ambra4

Appreciate your suggestion but am not resolving the problem

I get as far as opening up the GeForce tab--which then informs me that I can access NVIDIA Control panel via the Control Panel or start Menu. No problem as it also offers a link to the Nvidia Control panel. I am assuming I am seeking to change the Display Configuration so click on that

This then asks me to
1 choose the display mode ( I have selected'Single'the only mode on offer
2 select the display corrrectly identifying my new Hans G monitor

It does not have an 'Apply' box (should it?) I have also tried 'default' without getting rid of the problem

Should I now revert to adaman 2's idea ---or learn to live with it!!!

ambra4 17:45 16 Jun 2007

yes try adman 2 idea

eedcam 18:31 16 Jun 2007

Remove it from the start up list perhaps

Tigertops 11:48 17 Jun 2007

So far nothing works. However I have been on to NVIDIA's Customer care website and got a very detailed and prompt response. Nice to see that this company operates a 24/7 Customer Care operation.

I understand there may be a conflict between remnants of the motherboard graphics and the installed card. Even though the motherboard graphics were disabled when I installed the 7300GS card. I now have Nvidia's suggested solution which involves clean up downloads and a 'latest ' driver and will see how that goes.

I will let you all know how it ends up. Thanks for the help and interest.

Tigertops 12:42 17 Jun 2007

Problem solved after completing all the suggested
Nvidia cleaners/downloads! A bit scary in part but it all worked. If anyone else experiences a similar problem I can point them in the right direction--which I guess is what the Forums are all about. Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires