Close all items

Ian in Northampton 11:20 24 Mar 2011

Kicking and screaming, I have been 'upgraded' (I use the word loosely) by our IT folks at work to Office 2010. Cleverly, Microsoft have hidden most of the functionality I use somewhere fairly unintuitive - but I'm winning, because - slowly - I'm finding out where they've put it.

But one feature has eluded me. I often have 20 emails open at a time in Outlook and sometimes, for the sake of tidiness as much as anything, I want to close them all. In Outlook 2003, the command was 'File, close all items'. But I absolutely can't find that in Outlook 2010.

Can anyone put me out of my misery?

Woolwell 12:09 24 Mar 2011

Look at Alejandro Says post click here

Ian in Northampton 12:57 24 Mar 2011

Thanks Woolwell. Judging by the date of the posts, he's not talking about Outlook 2010. I just looked (again) and that option doesn't exist. Oh well... Anyone else?

Terry Brown 13:27 24 Mar 2011

This article from Microsoft may help.
click here
Terry

Terry Brown 13:33 24 Mar 2011

Also found this link, but it depends on wether you have admin (download) rights.

click here

Terry

Woolwell 13:41 24 Mar 2011

The post said "In Outlook 2010 this was moved under the View tab, where you can find the Close All Items button."

VoG II 13:45 24 Mar 2011

Works for me in Outlook 2010.

Ian in Northampton 14:03 24 Mar 2011

Thanks guys. Sorry, Woolwell, I should have read your post properly. It is, as you/Alejandro say, in the View tab - hidden all the way over at the right hand end. Many thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?