Cloning

KJ823 09:06 18 Jun 2008

Hi there!

A friend whose PC is currently out of action has asked me for help and I am now having to ask you for help!

He had given me a CD [and assures me there is no issue with licenses etc as it is legit!]. He has left some instructions that say I first need to extract it then clone it and he is expecting me to give him a new CD when I have finished.

There are RAR files on the CD and I have found a free download for software that I can use to extract these RAR files and I am presuming I need to extract them to a folder on my hard drive. I can also find free software to use for cloning but it is here I am stuck.

I now have files on my hard drive [the extract RAR files] and files on the CD but I don’t know how to copy both to a single new CD. I have only ever copied files from my hard drive to a CD or copied an entire disc.

Sorry to be dense but I don’t understand cloning and my friend is working away the moment. I am hoping to have it done by the time he is back so I hope you can help!

If anyone is kind enough to answer I will pick the message up this evening.
Thanks
KJ

Technotiger 09:19 18 Jun 2008

Have not done it myself, so just using a bit of logic here - Add RAR files from hard-drive on to a CDRW disc, then copy files from CD onto the same CDRW. Once completed, you could then do a normal disc copy from the CDRW to a CDR. I think! Unless someone comes up with a better idea ....

KJ823 08:17 19 Jun 2008

Thanks, have tried this but have not succeeded as yet. WIll have another go tonight!
KJ

^wave^ 08:49 19 Jun 2008

ok i think all that needs doing is to extract the files to a folder then copy those files to a cd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?