Clone fresh windows install

sneakerman 19:24 06 Apr 2007

I have just re-installed my windows installation and a thiking why don't I make a clone/backup of the C: drive so that if it all goes pear shaped I could just copy the clone/backup file back to the C: drive and away I go.

Any suggerstions as to what is the best way to go about this and what are the pitfalls.

I like the idea of the linux live CD/DVD's, an independant environment so no system files would be in use,

Thanks

You need some software like Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image. I have used both and I feel the latter is the best.

malgall 19:31 06 Apr 2007

i agree true image is great

sneakerman 09:13 07 Apr 2007

Thanks for the advice about "True Image" but is it jusat a simple matter of running it and it guides you through the process?

kenslot 09:56 07 Apr 2007

I'm using XP on a celeron with AVG antivirus but the ntshell keeps changing. I used windows live scan but get an error,... The instruction @"0x30046447" referenced memory at "0xffffffff". The memory could not be "read" press close or cancel to debug,... both cause the window to close and the scan to be lost.. I tried Bitdefender live scan and the same fault occured causing the scan to be aborted. I dont know whats going on. I dont class myself as an expert but, I can do and understand a reasonable amount. Please help if you can. kenslot1

Fingees 10:13 07 Apr 2007

kenslot

I don't know if ou meant to, but you seem to have hijacked this thread.
I would suggest you start a new one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone