clock icon on wmp after bootup and no sidebar

theDarkness 11:05 26 Mar 2011

On vista-not long after bootup, wmp no longer plays music straight away, I get the clock image on the mouse pointer to say that I must wait most of the time, and the vista sidebar is also not visible for a short while. They do eventually appear (or play in wmps case), I only have to wait 30 seconds min to one min max, but it never used to happen. I thought the problem might be in simply having too many gadgets installed or too much music, and upon startup wmp or vista may have to do a quick directory scan to check that all files were in the right place. wmp never had a waiting problem on xp, so Im guessing the issue is only with vista? Its not a major problem, although Im not the most patient person at times. I now try and hold back, not to constantly click, in order to avoid wmp showing a lighter window, telling me to have more patience :) It didnt happen when first installing vista, with wmp and the sidebar, so Im wondering if anyone has a similar issue or knows how to resolve it? Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone