Clip art Thumbnails not showing in Word/Publisher

[email protected] 11:29 13 Oct 2004

Using Word 2003 or Publisher 2003 I can only see three clipart pics the rest have a wav. symbol and the word
dglxasset...
If I click insert a picture will insert (they aren't wave files) but you have to choose each one and insert it just to find out what it looks like- any ideas?
thanks

[email protected] 13:50 13 Oct 2004

I'm bumping this as I really need some help guys?

Djohn 13:57 13 Oct 2004

When you search for clips in a Microsoft Office program (on the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click ClipArt), instead of seeing the clips that you expect on the Clip Art task pane, you may see missing clips that are titled Dglxasset.aspx.

CAUSE

This problem may occur because of temporary Internet files that are located on your computer. This problem may occur even if you do not use Microsoft Internet Explorer as your Web browser.

WORKAROUND

To work around this problem, delete the temporary Internet files in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Start Internet Explorer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

3. On the General tab, click Delete Files.

4. In the Delete Files dialog box, click OK.

Note The deletion of files may take several minutes to complete.

5. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.

[email protected] 15:29 13 Oct 2004

OK I've done that. Previously searching for "money" clips it gave me three pics and lots of dglx.asset ones. Now I just get the three pics and that is it!
Help again!!
PS Clever of you to find it, I couldn't !

Diodorus Siculus 15:46 13 Oct 2004

Does Office 2003 have a "detect and repair" option as earlier version have? If so, give it a go.

[email protected] 17:01 13 Oct 2004

Thanks Diodorus!
Actually I had a go at updating Office on the MS update site- a Publisher file was missing so I had to use the CD but touchwood the upgrade seems to have restored the clip art in both progs! Many thanks!

Djohn 17:33 13 Oct 2004

Pleased you managed to sort it Debe. I had a similar problem after downloading new clip art to Office 2003. I cured it as from my link above then reinstalling the "Media CD" from office.

It's the Media CD that contains all the clip art as Office or Publisher XP and 2003 only install a few clip-art from each category from the main installation then you need to install the rest from the separate CD.

I think its so that you can save disk space by inserting the Media CD only when you want to use clip-art but with the large drives we now have its much quicker to have all Clip art on the drive.

highside 13:14 18 Feb 2005

As I have only Works 2003 (which on my disk is
WORKS
WORD
ENCART
PICTURE IT
MONEY & AUTO ROUTE) should I have any clip art in Word or do I need PUBLISHER as well.
Presently I have no clip art apart from text art?
Thanks for any help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017