A client as asked from Photoshop

LeeIT 07:19 10 Feb 2006

Morning all.

I've had a client ask me to install an illegal copy of Photoshop. can any help wiv my response and he is the owner and i want to put my words carefully.

Thanks

Lee

Diodorus Siculus 07:48 10 Feb 2006

First, be sure that it is "illegal" - if it is a copy, could be a backup of a CD the client laready has.

Second, tell him that it is necessary to agree to the End Users Licence Agreement during the install which is legally binding.

Tell him of your thinking and ask him to install it himself.

I remember some time back there was a similar query about PC repair shops being asked to install pirated copies of an OS. It's a difficult one as it can lead to a loss of business.

interzone55 08:32 10 Feb 2006

I had a gash copy of Photoshop CS and installed it to try it out, just to see if it's much better than my real copy of Paint Shop Pro X.

Firstly, I wouldn't have any use of the extra features it provided, definately not worth the extra cash.

Secondly, it wouldn't actually work properly and caused all sorts of other problems with my system that had to be cured with a complete reinstall of the OS. One issue was that the method the crack used to bypass Adobe's activation routine actually stopped my legit copy of Acrobat Professional working.

You could maybe warn your client that illegal software often causes multiple problems, and it will be easier to just pay for a genuine copy of PSP from click here it has all the mainstream features of Photoshop at less than 1/5 of the cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?