Clicking Switches Between Overlaying Windows and Desktop

idikov 03:51 07 May 2014

I've had this problem for ever. It is especially noticable and infuriating when I try playing games in windowed mode but also when I am working on GPU-heavy programs like Photoshop or AutoCAD:

When I have more than one window open at the same time and they are overlaying my Windows 7 will sometimes switch to the one in the background when I click on the top one. Sometimes it will keep switching between the initial one and the one underneath very quickly (a few times per second) until I alt-tab or click a few times on one of them. When I try playing games in windowed mode or borderless every click anywhere on the screen will cause the game to turn black for parts of the second, show "not responding" and then continue running, even if there are no other windows open at the time but the desktop. This has never happened when playing in fullscreen, however.

My laptop specs:

**Accer Aspire 5736Z Pentium(r) Dual-Core CPU 2.30Ghz Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family** (I assume that's my graphics card)

4Gb of RAM

Running 64bit Windows 7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?