(Click here) is not showing beb sites

Migwell 09:03 22 Apr 2010

When I hover over (Click Here) in a thread I used to get the name of the web site it would lead to before i actualy clicked on it. Now I don't get that , all that happens is the words (Click Here) are turning to black instead of gray without the pop up of the name of the site it is to lead to.
Any thoughts on this or has PCA changed things ?

Migwell

birdface 09:14 22 Apr 2010

Maybe try rebooting the computer and see if that helps.
Click here's work normally for me.

Migwell 10:07 22 Apr 2010

Thanks buteman
This has being going on for at least the last week or so and the computer has been re booted quite a few times, and it still happens.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:26 22 Apr 2010

What browser?

Sea Urchin 15:57 22 Apr 2010

If Internet Explorer try going to Control Panel - Folder Options - View - Advanced - tick box beside "Popup Descriptions for Folder and Desktop Items" click Apply and OK.

If Firefox - type about:config in the address bar and Enter - then scroll down the list of preferences until you find one called browser.chrome.toolbar_tips. Once you find it, double click on it and the value will change from false to true ... which is the setting that enables the tool tips to be shown.

rdave13 16:15 22 Apr 2010

Also, if Internet Explorer, click on the compatibility tab on the address bar.

Migwell 00:01 23 Apr 2010

Thanks Sea Urchin and rdave 13, I am using Explorer 8 in Win 7 an when I went into Sea Urchin's proposal I found it already ticked, however I clicked on restore defaults then I looked for your thought about compatability tab and clicked on that, I then restarted Explorer and found it working now. A big thanks to you all for helping.
Not a big deal in it's self but wondered where it had gone, all sorted now.
Regards Migwell

Sea Urchin 00:17 23 Apr 2010

Glad to hear it's working again - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?