Click to activate and use this control

Sapins 15:25 08 Mar 2006

I have started getting this message when trying to open parts of various sites. There is a "frame" round the part I am trying to open and I have to click once to "activate" it. This has just suddenly started about 2 days ago, anyone tell me how to get rid of it?

Diodorus Siculus 15:41 08 Mar 2006

Seems to be an active-x problem - try a repair maybe... click here
Repair IE

Diodorus Siculus 15:41 08 Mar 2006

Seems to be an active-x problem - try a repair maybe... click here
Repair IE

anskyber 15:51 08 Mar 2006

Yes mine is the same and only change recently, odd.

Sapins 16:04 08 Mar 2006

Tried repair, message "file IEXPLORE.EXE insert SP 2 disc" which I do but it says unable to find this file?

Sapins 16:24 08 Mar 2006

Bit of a wally! I had tried the alternative solution, now trying scf /scannow (slow isn't it?)

Sapins 16:27 08 Mar 2006

Been racking, even wrecking!, my brain, all I can think of is saying yes, just this time, to an active X control. Don't know where it was now!

skidzy 16:29 08 Mar 2006

If all else fails,you can try this click here
Once downloaded...run in safe mode and goto advanced tools,tick all and optimise.Restart

Its the registry optimiser trial version you require.It will only repair 10 errors at any one time,but you can rescan and fix errors as many times as you like.

The added bonus is the extra tools you get and are exactly the same as in the full paid version.

Overall the only difference to the trial version...is the full version will automatically fix all errors not just the 10

skidzy 16:29 08 Mar 2006

Doh !...Here's the link click here

Sapins 16:41 08 Mar 2006

Thanks, but i'm not going to mess about with the registry, it's not a big problem just annoying.

skidzy 16:58 08 Mar 2006

You dont have to use the Registry part just the advanced tools.This will look after your ie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?