CLI application.

peg leg 18:55 27 Apr 2005

Hi everyone.
I have just installed Zone Alarm and now I am getting a warning that " CLI application(command line interface) is trying to access the internet".
I have denied access because I don't know what it is and the PC seems to be working OK!
Does anyone know what CLI.exe is?
Thanks

Cuddles 19:49 27 Apr 2005

A CLI (command line interface) is a user interface to a computer's operating system or an application in which the user responds to a visual prompt by typing in a command on a specified line, receives a response back from the system, and then enters another command, and so forth. The MS-DOS Prompt application in a Windows operating system is an example of the provision of a command line interface. Today, most users prefer the graphical user interface (GUI) offered by Windows, Mac OS, BeOS, and others. Typically, most of today's Unix-based systems offer both a command line interface and a graphical user interface.

steve1ooo 20:30 27 Apr 2005

Have you got an ATI graphics card and the catalyst control centre installed? I had then same warning after upgrading catalyst drivers.

peg leg 08:25 28 Apr 2005

Hi cuddles and steve1ooo,

steve1ooo yes I do have an ATI graphics card and a catalyst control centre.
Cuddles,I suppose it's ok then,thanks.

cfcnick 19:03 04 Apr 2006

just found this thread as I have a similar problem. My son has just installed the catalyst control centre for ATI and I am now getting a warning about cli.exe coming up when I start the PC. I can click on it to make it go away and my son tells me that his game runs OK (that was the reason he installed the catalyst control centre) but I would like it to stop popping up on start up.
Any help appreciated

Cuddles 21:01 05 Apr 2006

start>run>msconfig> go to start up and remove tick from cli.exe

cfcnick 20:33 21 Apr 2006

Thanks for that Cuddles, problem sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone