Clearing personal cache

Ogbournestandrew 10:48 25 Feb 2006

When I use Google Desktop Search I get items that have been deleted from my computer listed eg previoulsy visted websites, deleted e-mails etc.

Can I clear what is in the cache somehow?

recap 11:10 25 Feb 2006

click here this may be what you are looking for?

Ogbournestandrew 11:22 25 Feb 2006

recap - thank you for replying. However, I have installed and run this but when I search the desktop again I get a list of websites visited months ago saying '1 cached' alongside the webpage.

What am I doing wrong?

recap 09:27 27 Feb 2006

Sorry for the delay in replying Ogbournestandrew. If you boot in to Safe Mode you should be able to clear your cache from there. Press F8 when your system is booting up to access Safe Mode. click here for information on running in Safe Mode.

Ogbournestandrew 18:50 28 Feb 2006

Recap Thanks and sorry to be so thick but what do I do in safe mode? I have booted in safe mode but cannot figure out what to do next.

recap 19:03 28 Feb 2006

Run the program youhave installed.

You can also take a look in the folder in Explorer to check whether all the items have gone. If they are still there you can delete them from Explorer.

Ogbournestandrew 15:19 08 Mar 2006

Sorry - I had to go away for a few days and have not tried this until now.

It still hasn't cleared things out. There is nothing in the file in Explorer either but when I do a search I get references to e-mails, websites etc that were deleted long ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017