I confess that in a self satisfied mood I opened an invitation to update BT Yahoo mail to BT Mail.
The procedure stalled, I lost interest.
Following morning I was locked out of email. Rapidly on the phone to BT (Indian branch), reset passwords. Another session to iron out the wobblies about which Yahoo or BT I wanted when clicking.
The wreckers had taken my entire address book and left me without even a working "Sent" folder, so I have no way of knowing when I send email unless the other person replies. That is a fault which my helpline said was probably due to a server fault! - After 3 days?
Can anyone suggest how to make this "Sent" list work again? This folder alone uniquely contained mails a mass of mails but none later than November 2012.
Yes backup (early Nov) but from past I seen to think most of mine go into Bt somewhere to be "safe from those who play with backups!"
Nevertheless its a good idea of yours and now the main BT Mail has been given much needed help by a savvy BT technician (Level 2), I'll back up what I have now and then restore the November file. If there is anything there I'll save what I can and restore finally the newest (today's version)
I tried the Acronis approach. Backup straight away after BT had sorted things. Then Restored a month old file,an then restored the one made only a couple of hours before.
Unfortunately the emails were the same whichever route I tried and worse the whole system was unstable again.
So I had another session (shared control)and all is well.... or sort of.
The agent I was talking to spoke with only a moderate accent and the last session this pm was only 1hr 22mins.
I now have MS Outlook working well.
A far cry from early days with AOL but at least like AOL my mail will stay readable if the Mail program should go belly-up.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.