Cleaning up video

bemuzed 21:25 25 Apr 2010

Hi - I have sentimentally valuable video. It was taken on an old film camera in the 70s, then transferred to VHS. I connected a VHS player to a DVD recorder and now have on DVD which I have ripped to PC. However quality is poor due to blemishes on original film and VHS. I can also see smudging on the image which moves with the camera so was the lense.In DVD format it is about 6G in size. Is there any way I can clean the video up?

Will 13:20 01 Oct 2010

Just managed to get hold of an old analogue video camera to transfer my old 8mm tapes to PC. Some of the tapes are recorded in LP(Long Play)but the camera dosen't recognise it so although I have digi video now I need to clean it up. The speed I can deal with useing VCL but does anybody have any suggestions of free progs I can use to clean up the lines that look like tracking lines?

eedcam 18:42 01 Oct 2010

difficult if at all to clean up video even with good bought editors at best you might brighten or sharpen,alas no clone or the like as in still editors
Bemuzed I trust when you burnt to dvd you tried for the best quality or at least Standard of 1 or 2 hours respectivly you might also ask on a deicated forum like this
click here

bemuzed 18:43 01 Oct 2010

yes I transferred at best quality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache