cleaning tools

lesbos123 06:52 18 Nov 2007

i have ashampoo winoptimisor 2008 + windows advanced care personel+c cleaner on my computer + auslogics reg de frag + auslogics disc de frag is it possible to have to many cleaning tools i only run the last 2 every couple of months any advise welcome

skidzy 09:12 18 Nov 2007

You have more than enough there lesbos.

Do you have another problem,hence your query ?

lesbos123 09:44 18 Nov 2007

hi skidzy i just wondered if having so many different programs they might conflict with each other and wondered if i need to take any of them off

skidzy 09:53 18 Nov 2007

Some will agree with this,some will not.

Ashampoo for me in the past was a real pain,it took over basically.I could not get along with it.
This i would remove !

No doubt Ashampoo has improved greatly since my last involvement with this,however i have often recommended Winaso,this i find extremely good and very reliable.

I cannot comment on your defrag tools as i have not used them before.

For me Winaso click here and ccleaner coupled with a spyware blocker such as Spywareblaster and decent AV and Firewall,then add Superantispyware and Spybot SD.
These programs more than look after and mantain your computer.And of course,Acronis for the ultimate backup.

There is the old saying.....you could have overkill of apps.

lesbos123 10:28 18 Nov 2007

thank you skidzy will have a look at what you suggested

birdface 10:48 18 Nov 2007

Hi.I agree with Skidzy.Winaso and C Cleaner work great for me,And of course SpywareBlaster.One other Program that you may like is WinPatrol. click here Just leaves a little Icon on your quick start and will warn you if any of your Programs are being changed without your knowledge.It runs itself and you only have to up-date it about once every 3 months.It is free but if you want the Pro version there is a one off payment and that lasts for ever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?