Cleaning out Calander outlook express

Noldi 14:47 29 Aug 2006

I have a problem with outlook express.
It shows my time as busy but I have no Appointments. is it possible to delete all entrys in the calander and start again.

rawprawn 16:01 29 Aug 2006

I don't use OE, but Open OE/Caledar/Edit/Selct All/Delete works for me

Jackcoms 17:42 29 Aug 2006

Outlook Express hasn't got a calendar function.

Do you mean some other program?

rawprawn 18:25 29 Aug 2006

Sorry Craig I forgot I imported it from outlook without much success in real terms

Noldi 18:28 29 Aug 2006

Microsoft outlook sorry dont know where the express came from. (Office 2000)

Basically this is on a computer in the work shop not my main office and the team leader in this group uses the computer. When I tried to invte him for a meeting it showed he was busy until 2007 all the days are shown in bold type which normally indicates a reminder is set on that date. I have deleted a recurrence I thought was causing the problem outlook still shows him busy. The IT guys had a look and didnt not find a solution.

Noldi

wee eddie 18:53 29 Aug 2006

The bold type of the date on the monthly view means that he has an appointment on that day. It does not mean that he is necessarily unavailable all day.

However, have seen such an occurrence when someone made each day at work a separate Appointment from 9 - 5, thereby blocking access to his diary. When you tried to make an appointment it said that he had another!

Noldi 20:36 29 Aug 2006

"When you tried to make an appointment it said that he had another!"
Exactly

But there are no oppointments in the calender but when you look he is not avalible, So all I was asking if Outlook has a function to wipe the calender clean and start again.

Noldi

wee eddie 20:40 29 Aug 2006

the length of his working day?

Noldi 20:53 29 Aug 2006

This guy would change the shape of the whell given a chance hes very creative.

He actually entered his music lessons that started on the June the 20th at 19:30 and finished on December the 26th at 21:00 but entered it as one appointment not entered as 26/6/06 start 19:30 end 21:00 weekly on a Tue ending 26/12/06. This I deleted but it is still showing busy.

Noldi

Woolwell 21:27 29 Aug 2006

It seems as if there is one appointment running until 2007 which you cannot see. I assume that you have gone to view - arrange by -current view - active appointments and none show up.

Has he made it private?

wee eddie 22:18 29 Aug 2006

'cause I don't know how to find out if there is an appointment current, although there is usually a runner at the top of every day of the appointment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone