Cleaning up my C Drive

collinsc 21:25 15 Mar 2010

Hi

My C Drive is nearly full, it contains all my program files. Im not sure why it uses up so much space as i really dont have that many programms! how can i identify what files i do and do not need?

thanks

Technotiger 21:36 15 Mar 2010

For a start, download/install and run the One Click Maintenance (tick all the boxes except Tracks Eraser) in this little program, this will automatically get rid of a lot of junk

click here

Then see how much difference that makes.

bionicle 21:39 15 Mar 2010

You could try downloading and running click here
This will show what is taking up your space. You should then uninstall any program you no longer use. I'd be surprised if program files were the problem as they tend not to be that big. Maybe video or music files are the problem. Anyway treeSize will help you identify the culprit(s).

Chris Webster 21:42 15 Mar 2010

Ccleaner removes a lot of junk too.

(sorry, don't know how to insert a 'click here' link)

Technotiger 21:49 15 Mar 2010

To create a click here link, simply copy and paste the url into this box. the click on Post Response.

robin_x 22:32 15 Mar 2010

Page 5 of 6 of a pcadvisor article.

Other pages may be of interest for other problems.

click here

I also subscribe to the pcadvisor newsletter which pops through on email every now and again and is full of useful info and links. I thoroughly recommend it.

canarieslover 08:47 16 Mar 2010

What OS are you using? If its Vista it can take up loads of room for System Restore. If the computer is running OK then turn off System Restore, reboot and then turn it back on again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?