cleaning lcd monitor

johnnyrocker 12:16 08 Aug 2010

can anyone please suggest a good method of cleaning an lcd monitor please?

johnny

Graphicool1 12:28 08 Aug 2010

Turn off the monitor. If the screen is dark, it will be easier to see the smears and smudges.

Remember the screen is NOT glass. So use a soft, dry, microfiber type cloth and very gently wipe the screen. The sort of cloth used to clean spectacles.

If the dry cloth doesn't completely remove the dirt or finger grease marks, DON'T press harder in an attempt to scrub it off. Pushing directly on the LCD screen can often cause pixels to burn out.

If necessary, dampen the cloth with distilled water or with an equal ratio of distilled water to white vinegar.

sunnystaines 12:38 08 Aug 2010

stand behind the screen and look down, smears and dust will be easier to see.

northumbria61 14:25 08 Aug 2010

Or you could use Screen Wipes especially for this purpose - click here OR select from this list - click here

northumbria61 14:27 08 Aug 2010
  northumbria61 14:29 08 Aug 2010

Links not working - try THIS ONE - click here

northumbria61 14:32 08 Aug 2010

Well - MAPLINS doesn't want to know - keeps directing to Seagate HDD for some reason. select from this list - click here

northumbria61 14:34 08 Aug 2010

There's a pack of 200 here click here

Graphicool1 14:41 08 Aug 2010

My method is free. Pressuming you have some white vinegar in the kitchen. They call it white, although it is in fact clear. It's the sort you use for pickling.

northumbria61 14:53 08 Aug 2010

Graphicool1 - Well they say you learn something new every day - click here

Thanks for the tip although I only use water and a microfibre cloth.

Graphicool1 15:17 08 Aug 2010

"although I only use water and a microfibre cloth"
Me too. However, I don't touch the screen either with or without greasy, oily fingers and niether does anyone else, in my house. I guess if you did, then the vinegar would provide that extra Oomph!

Though I hope that when the screen starts to warm up you don't start fancying some chips!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?