cleaning a keyboard.

Rennaissance 12:13 23 Dec 2003

Hello. I have a wireless keyboard, and the keys have become sticky somehow, god knows! I wish to clean it, is there an easy way to do this. Thanks.

[email protected] E 12:15 23 Dec 2003

click here

This may be of some help

Rennaissance 12:22 23 Dec 2003

Hi thanks for reply [email protected] E, the thread states that i should immerse it in achohol, Immerse meaning i should dip the whole thing in it? Or what, wouldn't this damage it somehow.

Djohn 12:29 23 Dec 2003

Do you mean the surface of the keys are sticky, or the key action has become sticky?

[email protected] E 12:31 23 Dec 2003

NO just use cotton wool bud's total imersion would do more damage than good.

Never spotted that comment.

Pesala 12:32 23 Dec 2003

What I do every six months or so, is take my keyboard to pieces. Undo the screws underneath, and popup off the keys with a penknife. If you're not a touch typist it is wise to take a photo of the keyboard first. Then you can brush out all the gunk with a toothbrush, and wash the plastic bits in detergent. Mind you don't lose the wires from the spacebar and other large keys, as that can make them a bit sticky ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[email protected]@m 13:31 23 Dec 2003

And despite that, your + key has stuck down! :-)

Pesala 13:43 23 Dec 2003

(~_~)

Rennaissance 17:58 23 Dec 2003

no, when i press down one key it just sticks there for a bit etc, so i can't type properly. Will try and clean it out and it will probably take hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?