$Clean Thread: IE not working,,,!!

Winxx 16:34 26 Dec 2006

OK, the last thread got a bit messy and confusing so im going to explain my problem properly.

Ok, I was using IE for a little while and then all of a sudden it does'nt work anymore, when i try to go onto any webpage i get this error.

click here

Except of course the website in the error corresponds to the site im trying to access.

I tried Mozilla Firefox and it works just fine, so i then tried removing IE by going onto Add/Remove programs and Add/remove windows components.

I unchecked IE and clicked next, it uninstalled and then i tried re-installing it again by ticking the box.

Tried hitting IE, and got an error message when trying to access google like the one above.

so i tried uninstalling it and looking for a standalone installer for IE6, got one, and when i try to run it, it sais it's detected a higher version of IE and cannot continue, as far as i can see, there is no trace of IE on the system, im thinking about a system restore, but seems a bit silly as i know theres an easy fix for this. sorry about the long paragraphs but i want to explain this properly, im currently using Mozilla which i would prefer to uninstall and go back to IE, at the moment thats impossible so any help will be greatly appreciated.

p;3 16:54 26 Dec 2006

for those of us who do not trust links given via imageshack , could you link it via imagethrust

click here

Winxx 17:08 26 Dec 2006

click here

why wouldnt u trust imageshack, isit known to be dangerous?

p;3 17:26 26 Dec 2006

there have been risks associated with the imageshack site as detailed here
click here

and here

click here

makes interesting reading

use imageshack if you wish but I for one am steering compeltely clear of it as there are alternatives avaibale

Winxx 17:57 26 Dec 2006

Please if you have any ideas i would be so grateful, i just want IE to work again!

p;3 18:03 26 Dec 2006

you still have this thread click here running about this;
things could get confusing;

I hope someone comes to your help soon;

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie