Clean registry

Hetti 12:35 02 Oct 2006

My PC has been freezing recently so, After running what I thought was a free reg diagnosis and clean, I got 70 errors but when I clicked Fix I had to buy the software first.so what I wanted to ask was is there any FREE software to fix these errors, if not do I need to buy software to fix them and are the liable to cause problems in the future.

VoG II 12:37 02 Oct 2006

Try RegscrubXP (free) click here

Diodorus Siculus 12:38 02 Oct 2006

Get CCleaner from click here and run it

RegScrubXP is another free option used by many here.

Confab 12:41 02 Oct 2006

Regseeker from click here its free and very good.

Confab

Hetti 13:14 02 Oct 2006

Vog
Thanks I downlaoed Regscrub, same thing removed a few then asked me to buy product, is this right or am I doing something wrong?

Confab

Do you know if Regseeker asks me to buy before it fixes the errors?, I thought I would ask before I download it

VoG II 13:23 02 Oct 2006

RegscrubXP has never asked me for money!

Click Regscrub XP finds problems

Let it scan

Click Select all problems

Click Fix selected problems

Hetti 13:35 02 Oct 2006

Vog
I must apologise, I had clicked to download Reg Mechanic not Regscrub (both on the same page)
anyway I just got Regscrub and as you said it did not ask for money and fixed the errors. Once again sorry...... and thanks for you patience

Confab 15:08 02 Oct 2006

Yes Regseeker does list all the errors and you have the option to fix some or all of them. I've been using this prog for a long time now and find it excellent. Give it a try!

Confab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?