Clean Up Programmes

Demora 23:54 09 Feb 2005

I'm looking for somekind of idiot proof cleaning programme that I can set up in my daughters laptop and let it run automatically when she either logs on or shuts down

She's no idea and no interest in fixing problems but uses the internet and msn messenger quite a lot. I found 6 Trojans and all kinds of rubbish on there. I have managed to get nearly 2 gigabytes of space so far.

TIA

Demora

The Sack 00:05 10 Feb 2005

Crap cleaner click here you have to run it manualy but it will delete loads of junk

Demora 00:12 10 Feb 2005

Getting her to use it when she 's away from home 3/4 weeks at a time is near on imposible. BUT I'll give her a lecture. About coming home with virus n stuff and then using the home network etc.

Her 2 older sisters are happy with even building there own pc's (take after mum) but this one Grrrr sh'e 17 (other 2 are 19 & 21)

Thanks

Zion_Lion 01:19 10 Feb 2005

here's another manual one that I was recommended a while back click here

Regards ZL

wobblymike 09:19 10 Feb 2005

I use Internet sweeper pro which starts on boot up and does its thing every time you shut down automatically, I find it a superb programme.

FelixTCat 09:31 10 Feb 2005

I hope that the computer has a firewall and antivirus software which checks incoming email and messenger traffic.

The the next stage is an anti-spyware and trojan program such as AdAware click here which can be set to run on startup and automatically clean out any adware etc. The Personal version is free, but you have to mnually download the signature updates from time to time.

Belatucadrus 12:24 10 Feb 2005

If you look in CrapCleaners Options/Settings, it can be set to automatically clean on boot.

Demora 12:46 10 Feb 2005

Great. Thanks so much. I've written a word fille for her and told her to read it and do as she's told (fat chance but we live in hope) Hopefully I've made her pc as safe as I can for now

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?