Clean Install help needed

golfpro 12:02 21 Jun 2005

I have just bought a second hand Laptop and need to replace the German XP home OS with an English version of XP Home. I don't need any of the programs currently installed but I suppose I have to do a clean install, is there anything I should do to prepare for this or is it straight forward enough???

mattyc_92 12:06 21 Jun 2005

Just make sure you have the installation disks for the hardware and your software such as Office and Nero

woodchip 12:20 21 Jun 2005

Remember you need all the Drivers so you first need to collect these from the Drive before you Load English Version if you do a Clean install as you may create more problems than you already have click here

golfpro 16:46 21 Jun 2005

Thanks a lot, I forgot to ask about the H/W drives.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 21 Jun 2005

Is there not the option in regional languages and settings to change to English (US)? Msoft is an american firm afterall.

Have seen a Hebrew version of Windows which I changed to English US so I could use it, then back to Hebrew again.(that was fun, being as I do not speak or read Hebrew and the thing typed backward from right to left.

Much cheaper than buying a new version of XP just to get English UK

golfpro 06:39 22 Jun 2005

The language change only changes the keyboard function, not the menue's and screen display, I already tried this on my PC when I first bought it a few years ago, by the way I live in Austria.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?