Classic Phone Tools in Vista Home Premium SP2

jayatissa 16:10 09 Jan 2010

I installed BVRP Classic Phone Tools Version 4.01 to my note book runing under Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. Its modem is HDAUDIO SoftData Fax Modem with Smart CP. The Phone Tools Software can not recognise the modem if it detects it. I wnat to send and receive Faxes using this Notebook PC and hence I try to get it installed. Could any one helpe to get this problem resolved. Thanks.

GaT7 16:26 09 Jan 2010

They don't appear to have any kind of support for their product, so I would suggest you try a similar program from Avanquest - Classic PhoneTools 9 click here. See if the trial works & is any good before purchasing.

If you need help, they have Tech support click here & a dedicated forum click here. G

P.S. After a few searches it appears the two programs are the same thing? Looks like Avanquest took over BVRP's CPT at some stage.

jayatissa 16:28 09 Jan 2010

Thank you. Would you mind recommending a free software to deal Faxes in Vista Home premium environment with this modem. I greately appreciate your advice.

GaT7 16:47 09 Jan 2010

Sorry I don't have any recommendation, as I've never used my PC to send/receive faxes before.

How often/how many faxes do you need to send on a daily/monthly basis? If it is a significant amount, US$19.90 (~£12.50 GBP) for the Avanquest CPT program appears a small price to pay. Give it a try to see if it's any good & meets your requirements. G

jayatissa 16:47 09 Jan 2010

Thank you. I will try it and let you know the results.

jayatissa 03:39 19 Jan 2010

Thank you very much dear crossbow7. The trial version of Classic Phone Tool V.9 works in this OS. Problem resolved..... Jayatissa

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache