Cisco 2504 Router

Blanc Glacier 16:18 04 Jan 2006

Hi there,
I just got hold of a second hand Cisco 2504 router so that i could learn more about networking. My question is:

How would i go around setting up the cisco 2504 onto a PC? The pc being used has Windows 2000 on it and the cable from the router to the NIC is RJ45 straigh through.

Any help would be great. Thanks :)

Taran 16:27 04 Jan 2006

The CISCO website has full documentation including installation and setup for all of its equipment:

click here

Forum Editor 19:11 04 Jan 2006

when new, but it was designed for use with ISDN lines, and if you want to connect it to an Ethernet LAN you'll need a transceiver. There'll also be a few hurdles when trying to configure the router, and to be honest I would not recommend this as something for someone who is new to networking. For around £60 you can buy a brand new LAN router that is preconfigured for use with broadband internet connections and ethernet networking components.

Blanc Glacier 20:03 04 Jan 2006

Thanks for the replies.

Forum Editor - yes i do have a network up and running at home i use a wired netgear DG834; all working fine...however, i just really want to know how to configure this one on a spare machine. How do you mean a "transceiver"?

Regards :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?