Chrome too big for the screen

Ian in Northampton 20:07 26 Jan 2011

My sister has a problem that I’ve tried to troubleshoot via phone – without success. She’s using Chrome as a browser and, somehow, has ‘lost’ the vertical and horizontal scroll bars as well as the ‘address’ bar and the minimise//maximise/close buttons – in other words, the Chrome screen ‘appears’ to be overspilling the physical screen. All other windows are fine – it’s just her browser window that’s affected. I’ve had her uninstall and reinstall Chrome, but the reinstalled version showed the same symptoms. An attempted system restore failed for reasons I wasn’t clear about. Does anyone have any thoughts what the problem might be, and how to fix it?

robin_x 20:16 26 Jan 2011

Use Revo Uninstaller on Advanced setting?

Will clear any config remnants of Chrome?

click here;1

alB 20:26 26 Jan 2011

Press F11 ...alB

Woolwell 20:57 26 Jan 2011

F11 = full screen but that should not remove the scroll bars.

alB 21:26 26 Jan 2011

May do if the screen resolution isn't set correcly ...alB

Ian in Northampton 16:14 27 Jan 2011

Thanks guys. Somehow, she's managed to fix this herself by 'reinstalling' Chrome over and over again. I can't work out, while I was talking to her on the phone and she was downloading Chrome, why a) no 'run/install' dialogue appeared, and b) it seemed as if Chrome had indeed reinstalled (albeit with the same problem). But, it seems that on her fourth retry, the 'run' dialogue did appear - and she was able to complete the installation properly. Not sure what happened there, but she's happy. I *hate* giving telephone support...

Sea Urchin 16:39 27 Jan 2011

Why not use a remote access program then you see what you're doing

The one I use is TeamViewer

click here

Ian in Northampton 19:05 29 Jan 2011

Good thought Sea Urchin - I'll do that next time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?