Chrome Registration??????

AngeTheHippy 11:41 05 Jul 2010

Morning Chaps,

At wits end to know what to do next. I use Firefox as my browser of choice and have done for probably 10 years. For a few days now, when I open Firefox I get a damned annoying small window headed:

Chrome Registration

underneath that:

Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem. >>>

I've been to the Firefox help pages and the user group - also Googled 'Chrome Registrations probs' but nothing seems to stop this. This small window appears twice (click OK) then FF opens then ANOTHER 2 small windows appear!!!

Any ideas what to do next? I've only got back to 1st July sys restore points. It's been happening about 8 days now.

Ange
x

onthelimit 12:20 05 Jul 2010

I'd uninstall FF then reinstall.

Graphicool1 12:20 05 Jul 2010

Try...click here

Woolwell 12:37 05 Jul 2010

See this which should solve the snag click here

AngeTheHippy 13:09 05 Jul 2010

Just about to unin-reinstall when I noticed 2 other replies, onthelimit.

Thanks Graphicool1, and the link you've given Woolwell, that's the one I tried first. It DOESN'T work either!! I've tried disabling ALL the add-ons and extensions and it didn't stop it.

Ange
xx

AngeTheHippy 13:31 05 Jul 2010

Just unin-reinstalled FF and *** so far *** no more very annoying failed Chrome registration messages. Thanks you all for helping,

Ange
xxx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?