Christmas Card Printing

tonyq 10:12 04 Dec 2008

I have some Decadry A5(when folded)plain white scored cards 135gsm or 165gsm (I think),that I am going to use as Christmas cards.Trouble is I am not sure what paper setting to use in my Canon pixma ip5200 printer e.g.Plain paper/Matt Photo paper,ect. I cannot see any info on the box and have tried looking on the Decadry web site to no avail.
Regards tonyq

Peter 13:24 04 Dec 2008

I would imagine the inkjet paper/card would be the correct setting to use, but you might need to just try a few different settings and see what the results are like.

I find that 280gsm glossy card gives the most professional looking results, but this can only be printed on one side, so I use some 140gsm inkjet paper for the inside and fix it in place with double sided tape.

Peter.

laurie53 20:09 04 Dec 2008

Do you have an option for "Display/Brochure" printing?

lotvic 00:19 05 Dec 2008

I find that the plain paper setting does okay for the different types of cards I use - plain and pearlised and a sort of 'linen' finish. Prints okay without altering any settings for thickness
I have a Canon pixma 510 using refilled ink cartridges (ink from Jet Tec or JR - I refill them myself)

I also insert a page like Peter does because it adds that 'special' touch to the card.

I get most of my A4 card from local Craft Shop and it varies between 200 - 240 gsm and has different finishes.

You will have to experiment to find out what gives you the most pleasing finished card.

MCE2K5 02:00 05 Dec 2008

When I used to do my own Xmas Cards, I used a Card similar to this "255gsm Double-Sided Glossy/Matt A4 Photo Paper" click here

BT 08:17 05 Dec 2008

I use a double side paper from
click here
Its glossy one side and inkjet coated matt on the other. Its only 120gm but is ideal for cards.

tonyq 08:50 05 Dec 2008

Hi all,
thank you for your suggestions so far.
Normally when I make cards I use photo glossy for the outside and glue (Pritt Stick) a separate 100grm sheet on the inside. I bought the cards in question a couple of years ago and thought it was about time I had ago at using them.

laurie53
No I don't have the option"Display/Brochure".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?