Chrarity's PCs

User-CB94CED6-F3AA-42E7-8A286564F5DCBC14 15:14 05 Nov 2006

I've offered to take over the management of the Charity's PCs and this involves revise the internet security strategy. The PCs are about 15 standalone connected to broadband via a hub. Bit of a novice at this but I've come up with a freebee package of:

Zone alarm for firewall,
AVG or Avast for antivirus and
Defender, AD-aware or Spybot for virus protection.

Comments would be appreciated on what to choose from the list above or any other comments. I am also wondering if these are all mutualy compatible - does anyone know of interaction problems or do they all do their thing alone?

PSXGB 15:53 05 Nov 2006

I have tried most virus protection from norton to macafee and settled for avast it does exactly what it says on the tin all my computers at home (5 in total)and have had no problems with it and my wife and kids get on ok with it

Bandy 19:00 06 Nov 2006

You may need to examine the licences (Eulas) of the programs you're proposing to use.

I think you'll find that not all are free to charities, although special prices do apply. Better to be safe than sorry

recap 09:56 07 Nov 2006

For software at greatly reduced prices click here. You must be a registered charity to apply. This is the cheapest place to buy software at the moment for charities.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?