Choppy Flash Player - Driving Me Crazy

gingaginger 12:23 01 Jan 2014

OK this is driving me a bit crazy because I can't understand why it is doing it. When I first start up the PC, go to Youtube or any other flash based website, and the video or game is very choppy, like it is missing frames. The sound plays fine in the background, not broken up at all. The strange thing is, is that when I restart the PC it is fine. Any ideas? I posted on another forum but got no replies. Please help, thanks in advance.

Oh I've tried disabling hardware acceleration and a few other things that appear regularly on other forums, like downgrading flash, changing browser etc etc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:39 01 Jan 2014

are you switching off the router / modem when the PC is off?

it may take time to settle when first switched back on

gingaginger 12:49 01 Jan 2014

I don't turn the router off, but maybe because it's wireless, it takes the router a little bit of time to recognize the PC. Hmm next time I put the PC on I might try leaving it a bit and ill let you know the results.

wee eddie 16:57 01 Jan 2014

A re-boot frequently solves, apparently, intractable problems

gingaginger 14:49 02 Jan 2014

Well I tried waiting to see if it was something to do with the router, but it never worked. Kind of stuck here. It just seems annoying to have to restart every time...

wee eddie 16:03 02 Jan 2014

Well, did you turn the PC and the Router off and wait 5 minutes before turning them on again?

gingaginger 17:25 02 Jan 2014

Yes, I'm pretty sure its nothing to do with the router, as I say just restarting the PC is fine but that is hardly solving the problem..

wee eddie 17:44 02 Jan 2014

So, you haven't tried rebooting the Router

gingaginger 17:46 02 Jan 2014

I have tried that, that's why I said yes sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?