Choice Stationary and Epson to end ?

Baskerville 09:40 26 Oct 2006

Hi,

Got a email from Choice to say that in November the are to finish making multi pack compatibles for the epson range for ever.

Anybody know why ?

Baskerville.

FatboySlim71 09:49 26 Oct 2006

I think you would be better emailing Choice Stationary and asking them that question.

Strawballs 12:29 26 Oct 2006

It might be because Epson have succesfully prosecuted other compatible makers on copyright of their carts

Meshuga 13:10 26 Oct 2006

The way I read their email it only said that they were ending Multi Packs, not that they were ending single items, in fact they have recently announced that they have redesigned cartridges that fit Epson but do not infringe epson copyright. I think that they are about £1 per cartridge deare than before.

FatboySlim71 14:22 26 Oct 2006

Why not email Choice Stationary and ask them what the reason is, they will have had their reasons so I expect they will be able to answer your question.

Technotiger 16:33 26 Oct 2006

I received this in an email from a friend - we were talking about Choice/Epson inks.

"Choice are still going to sell epson ink. I have rang them to find out. the advertisement isn't put very good. They are going to advertise in a different way that's what they mean."

Cheers.

Totally-braindead 17:40 26 Oct 2006

Thats what I thought they meant but I have to agree the advert wasn't worded very well and I can see whay someone could think they were stopping doing Epson cartridges. Which of course they aren't.
I've never actually bought one of the multipacks anyway as I don't use enough ink. If I did buy one the cartridges would probably sit for 2 or 3 years, perhaps even longer, which I don't think is a good idea.

Technotiger 17:45 26 Oct 2006

Hi, I have bought and used many of their multi-packs over the past few years. Been very happy with them so far.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017