Checking page size in existing WORD 2007 doc.

sheila.weston 10:42 18 Mar 2008

How do I check the page size of an existing document in WORD 2007?

I have downloaded a template for a Royal-size (15.6cm x 23.4 cm)book from LULU.com. Having finished creating the document I then uploaded it and was told that it would be resized from 21.6 cm)x 27.9cm. This upsets the layout.

The Properties information gives everything *but* Page Size.

Thanks for any help.

Sheila

Simsy 12:00 18 Mar 2008

but in Word 2000 if you go to File>Page Setup and select the "Page Size" tab, it give you what the page currently is, allowing you to chnage it.

I hope this helps?

Regards,

Simsy

Eric10 12:08 18 Mar 2008

Very similar to what Simsy says. Page Layout > Size and the option that is highlighted is the current size.

sheila.weston 15:15 18 Mar 2008

Yes, but when I go to the paper size options nothing is high-lighted to confirm that the page size is what I want. I would like to see a window somewhere giving a list of the document properties, *including* the exact page size, for confirmation!

No, I fear I can only use the ruler along the edges of the screen which look correct for 15.6cm x 23.4 cm (about 6x9). So why do I get the error message about it being the wrong size when I publish at lulueg the width is 2 cms out?

Eric10 15:29 18 Mar 2008

Click on Page Layout then click the tiny arrow at the bottom right of the Page Setup section on the ribbon. You then get a dialogue box with tabs for Margins, Paper, and Layout which shows all this information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?