Cheapest RAM online

kalstras 13:43 19 Jan 2007

Anyone know where a great (not good) place to buy the cheapest RAM?)

Please?

jimv7 13:47 19 Jan 2007

Crucail click here

kalstras 15:50 19 Jan 2007

Thank you

archir123 16:52 19 Jan 2007

look at his title , CHEAPEST ram , and you link him to Crucial.

there are loads of places for cheap ram mate , first find out your ram type , speed etc , then google it.

dont buy from Crucial they rip off customers who dont have the knowlage to find out for themselves what kind of memory they need , just try it out , put your pc make model , or mobo type in their search engine

notice how when they link you to the ram they recommend they STILL dont tell you what it is , why? , so you have to buy it from them at their overinflated prices

PaulB2005 17:09 19 Jan 2007

Yes when Crucial provide descriptions of their RAM such as:

DDR PC4000 • 3-4-4-8 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR500 • 2.8V • 128Meg x 64

How on earth can you be sure what you buying?

[/Sarcasm]

archir123 = no idea what you are talking about. Upgraded many PCs with Crucial and each time i know EXACTLY what i am buying from them.

Further to that whilst Crucial MAY be more expensive than others they also come tops when it comes to after sales service. Example i bought two 512 Mb sticks on May 2005. October 2006 one fails Crucial replace both sticks and i get a free upgrade from DDR 400 to DDR 500 as they have no DDR 400 in stock.

Never had a problem with Crucial. Would rather spend a bit more with Crucial than buy cheap memory.

anchor 17:10 19 Jan 2007

The cheapest is often not the best.

There have been innumerable postings on this forum recomending Crucial. The post from archir123 is the first unfavourable comment that I recall having seen here.

No, they may not be the cheapest, but their prices are reasonable for a quality warranted product, and is less than some suppliers.

It depends what you want; do a Google search and you will no doubt find the cheapest.

Taff™ 17:11 19 Jan 2007

Nice Rant. Post a link to another reliable company then! (And I mean reliable - Crucial, quite rightly win awards for their service and customer care so we`re not talking about saving a couple of quid here.)

Mr Beeline 17:19 19 Jan 2007

Crucial get my vote as well.

Built quite a few PC's over the years and never had any problem with Crucial and their "value" memory is quite well priced in my opinion.

Meshuga 18:23 19 Jan 2007

archir123, you are not only talking out of your backside but are laying youself open to a charge of libel. Crucial are the most reliable company of any I`ve seen recommended on this or any other forum.

Legolas 19:39 19 Jan 2007

I used to buy cheap ram but found it a bit hit and miss. If you want reliability although for a few pounds more then I would highly recommend Crucial

Legolas 19:41 19 Jan 2007

Sorry should also have said dont go for cheap ram after all it is cheap for a reason - unreliable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?