cheap,black and white printer needed

bof:) 23:46 26 Jan 2007

Hi all, I;m looking for a cheap(ish)black and white printer to use alongside a laptop. It also has to be as cheap as possible to run with regards to ink cartridges.

A4 size and as light as possible.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Mike

Ho-Lin-Sok 00:04 27 Jan 2007

This is cheap but not sure of weight

Ho-Lin-Sok 00:04 27 Jan 2007
  Ho-Lin-Sok 00:07 27 Jan 2007

Sorry its a bit out of date probably why its cheap

Belatucadrus 00:21 27 Jan 2007
  Totally-braindead 00:44 27 Jan 2007

The cheapest to run would be the link Belatucadrus gave but are you looking for a mobile printer as you mention as light as possible?

jack 09:05 27 Jan 2007

Look out for the Canon BJ10
It is A4 page size and B/W it will be secondhand or Canon may to a modern version.
Carts are cheap check out Choice stationery - as usual

bof:) 16:05 27 Jan 2007

Hi all, thanks for the quick response. Yes TB you are right. The printer sugested by Belatucadrus seems a bit too big and heavy.

Lightweight/portable would be better if possible.

Ho-Lin-Sok and jack thanks alot but again it has to be as lightweight as possible.

Mike

Totally-braindead 16:36 27 Jan 2007

Something like this may be nearer the mark click here a review here click here don't know the price or the availability of cartridges you would have to check that out.
Found one click here very expensive but very small and lightweight carts are pricey too click here

To be honest I think you might be wanting too much, small, cheap and cheap to run. There might be no such animal.
Unless someone knows better.

Totally-braindead 16:45 27 Jan 2007

This ones cheap and it certainly looks small click here have to check out the cartridge prices though or click here or click here I'm just looking at the size in the pictures and they all look rather compact. Novatech have the IP90 as well click here it appears to the only one designed to be mobile.

pj123 17:59 27 Jan 2007

The Canon BJ10 (as I remember it) is about the same physical size as today's laptop.

It is a black and white only printer but only connects via the parallel port. On eBay there is only 1 listed (with a day still to go).

click here

Compatible ink can still be got from Choice Stationery: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?