Cheap, and light notebook/ laptop required!!!

julius44 05:00 14 Mar 2009

Hello there all, i'd prev written a post on here about the Samsung NC10 netbook, and I got a great review for it in PC advisor and here as well
click here.

The problem is that i've now found out that netbooks do not have CD rom drives so the samsung NC10 its no good to me. Okay here goes. I'm travelling to west africa in a few weeks times, and i'm looking for a notebook/laptop, that is very, very light, cheap, with a hard drive of about 160GB, CDrom drive, at least 1GB memeory, wifi and just 1 or 2 extra perks, and with a decent battery life. I wish to load all my itunes library music onto it, and want to be able to listen to music and burn cds whilst i'm there. The samsung NC10 was totally ideal, and light, but it has not Cd rom.....here is my prevoius post on it.....
click here

Okay so i'm looking for something with the same specs as the samsung nc10...but with CD rom drive, XP or vista is fine with me......any links help with similar features would be much appreciated....CD rom drive is a MUST though. my budget is between £250-£350, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017