Cheap Laptop for beginner

Boy Zone 15:34 14 Dec 2006

HI,
My sister has set me a task, to choose a laptop for her within a budget of £375. I've looked at PCW and they have some starting at £299. She only wants it for office functions and Emails, so speed is not an issue but wifi is required.
Any ideas, as if I get it wrong I might not be on my sisters Christmas list or invited for Christmas lunch.
I have agreed to buy her the printer, so I'm not looking at Dell systems, and a 15.4" screen would be nice.

Terry Brown 15:43 14 Dec 2006

I would suggest, wait until after Christmas, when some people would have bought (or been given) new Laptops, and you can pick up a good used one at a bargain price.

Explain the logic of this to your sister, and she might thank you for trying to get a better system for her, instead of a cheap & cheerful one that would give disappointment over the longer term.
Terry

FreeCell 17:42 14 Dec 2006

Just a bit more than your (sisters) budget but look at Acer. Usually reliable machines.

click here;jsessionid=1545818c4ea2ae7/shopdata/0130_Notebooks/0033_Aspire/0060_Aspire+3600/product_overview.shopscript

FreeCell 17:43 14 Dec 2006

Sorry about link. ShopAcer.co.uk look at 5100 series.

wjrt 17:52 14 Dec 2006

slightly over budget but you can see it play with it and take it home with you and not sit at home waiting for it at this time of year and if it doesnt work you can take it back

wjrt 17:53 14 Dec 2006

forgot the link
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?