cheap gaming computer

pomerian 20:03 02 Dec 2007

Hi folks, my daughter wants to buy a new computer she plays a lot of games downloaded from the internet this one from Aria Technology at just over £500 is about the most she can aford.Although she doesn't want to waste her money on something that would be unsuitable. Do members think it would be suitable choice?
Price total:exc.£ 431.35
Chosen Components:
Assembly ChargeAntec NSK4000 Blk/SilverTowerXilence 480W Gaming PSUIntel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz (Retail 775)ASUS P5K Intel iP35 Socket 775 MotherboardPatriot 2GB PC2-6400 C4 Extreme Performance (2x1GB)320GB Maxtor-Seagate SATA2 8MBNEC Optiarc 18x DVD-RW RAM SATA BlacknVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB PCI-EMicrosoft Windows XP Professional 64bit OEM

Totally-braindead 20:24 02 Dec 2007

I presume you already have a monitor?

Its good for the cash, I have bought a few bits and pieces off Aria over the years but when I have bought complete PCs I tend to use Novatech, to be perfectly honest Novatechs customer service is second to none.

The closest Novatech has is this click here now it has less memory and a smaller hard drive and the graphics is not so good but if something did go wrong I feel that Novatech would sort things out a lot quicker. Price is £374.82 including VAT add approx £60 for an OEM copy of XP Home and add maybe £10 - 20 for another gig of memory if you wish and there you have a similar PC for £454.82 all in. Plus monitor of course.

I must admit Arias quote is rather good and the hard drive is slightly bigger and the graphics card is better so the choice is yours really

crosstrainer 20:29 02 Dec 2007

Of Ram and Totally-braindead has this right...But at the end of the day you do get what you pay for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone