Cheap Crucial memory

degssie 00:01 22 Mar 2006

just to make everybody aware of my experience. I ordered 512 MB DIMM for my Dell computer at a cost of $60 + $15 postage which I thought was a good deal. A week after delivery I received a bill off Fedral Express for another £15 Vat/import duty. This made it "not such a good deal".
Other items that I have bought from overseas have been maked as "Gifts" but Crucial mark theirs "Computer Components".

AndySD 00:16 22 Mar 2006

What was the price at Curcial.co.uk in comparison to .com

Softstag 00:30 22 Mar 2006

This is always the problem when you buy things from overseas. Sometimes you get stinged by customs. I'm sure that if you bought from Crucial's website it would be just as cheap and no chance of customs issues.

Softstag 00:30 22 Mar 2006

Sorry, that should read "from Crucial's UK website" click here

Yoda2002 09:11 22 Mar 2006

yea i always use crucial v goood and they garentee that the mem will work (and very competitive prices) but i always use the uk site

degssie 09:23 22 Mar 2006

I hear what you say but it is annoying me that I some how ended up on the US site after following a link, possibly on this site.

Harpur 09:33 22 Mar 2006

well surely you would have seen $ signs beside the prices? that is always a good indicator that you are not on the uk site. i would find it unlikely that somebody on the forum would post a US link. apart from that there is a link on the home page of crucial.com to the uk site

rmcqua 09:33 22 Mar 2006

When you placed the order on-line, didn't it seem strange to you that you were being billed in US dollars?

degssie 09:48 22 Mar 2006

I did not realise that they had a UK site and if they did I thought they would have directed me there after entering my address

Harpur 09:57 22 Mar 2006

always check the final account before confirming the order.

degssie 10:22 22 Mar 2006

Will do infuture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?