chat room conversation logs

bloodwork 06:20 20 May 2009

hi.
my daughter has started using chat rooms and im wondering if theres any programs i can install that will track and record the conversations that are said in it. maybe a program that will invisably turn on when she enters a certain web site? any info would be greatly appreciated.

bloodwork 06:35 20 May 2009

i am aware that some people would say im not trusting my daughter, but she has given many a reason not to trust her and shes only 14. alot of the reasons involve meeting guys off chatrooms that are twice her age. she swears shes not doing that anymore, but she's begun to sneak out at night again.

birdface 09:44 20 May 2009

In messenger.Try tools.options .messages. If automatically keep a history of my messages is ticked it should also tell you where to open and check them.

birdface 09:46 20 May 2009

Oops sorry are looking for audio messages .If so I am not sure that can be checked.But as I never use Messenger I will leave it for someone else to comment on it.

tullie 09:49 20 May 2009

Which chatrooms is she using?I know what you are going through,a lot of people have a similer problem.

bloodwork 00:18 22 May 2009

shes using teenspot. i just want to know if there's anything that can be installed that can keep track of what goes on in there?

lotvic 00:32 22 May 2009

maybe you could join it and then you would be able to read/see the chatroom for yourself?

Sorry I don't know how else to help but have every sympathy with problem.

Forum Editor 00:33 22 May 2009

this is what you want:-

click here

Put bluntly, a 14 year old girl who sneaks out at night to meet men she's contacted via a chat room is in danger, and it needs to be stopped. I'm normally in favour of a talking approach when it comes to dealing with this kind of thing, and I'm generally against internet spying, but in this case I do think that firm action is called for. Your daughter is too young to be up to this kind of thing, and she's at serious risk. I understand your concern, and in your position I wouldn't stop at monitoring software, I think I would be doing some serious talking to my daughter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?