Charset problem with mySQL and xampp installation

MS35 15:32 08 Dec 2007

I've recently switched output on a PHP web page from HTML to PDF and it's caused a conflict which crashes Apache that wasn't showing itself before.

I had some problems running PHP 5 on Windows 2000 so am currently working with PHP 4. All directory files were installed in C:\xampp using the Windows package installer.

I've stripped back the database to basics and commented out unnecessary PHP code and am still returning two error lines in XAMPP log.

File 'c:\mysql\share\charsets\?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)
Character set '0000048' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the 'c:\mysql\share\charsets\Index' file

I've googled the error codes and come up with a few instances but no definate solutions. I've copied across all of the c:\ files to a new folder in C:\mysql etc but this doesn't seem to have helped.

Does anyone know what changes i need to make to the setup? or where I can get the files i'm missing.

Kemistri 17:26 10 Dec 2007

If you still need help with this, try here: click here I don't do much PHP, so I can't think of the solution, and it seems that most forum members here don't do any PHP at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?