channel 5 downloads

giz 10:37 15 Dec 2006

What is your opinion on the fact that to download channel five downloads (such as CSI Miami), you have to close all firewalls, Norton, Windows and router. I understand that this was not recommended for time on the internet. It seems surprisingthat a site such as channel five states that this is the only way to watch any episodes.

Graham. 11:06 15 Dec 2006

Link, please.

mattyc_92 11:18 15 Dec 2006

Graham. - Link click here

I haven't actually tried it. Although you can 'freely' download these episodes, they will more than likely expire after 2 days for copyright reasons.

I would NEVER close my firewall, anti-virus, etc... while still connected to the internet.... Sorry 'five', just wont happen!

Stuartli 12:24 15 Dec 2006

I've just checked the website and my system is stated to be OK to download the test video (after installing a download manager).

I've not done so, but I can't find any references to firewalls, AV etc in the stages I've been able to reach.

Each download is valid, according to the website, for 14 days unlimited viewing.

giz 15:06 15 Dec 2006

I downloaded and installed the dowwnload manager. When I tried to download the free episode, it gave an error message. I tried the on-line help, but was told :

"Five Download Manager
Sorry, there was an error trying to download the file.

If you are attempting to access the service from an office computer you may encounter problems due to firewall restrictions set by your company. Please contact your Network or System Administrator for help.

Otherwise please check the FAQs or contact the Five Download Support team from the Help section."

After about 30 mins of altering settings re active X, cookies I was told to take off my firewall. When I told them I wasa new user, not technical, I was told to contact BT to find how to turn the BT Hub firewall off.

Once download is accepted, the episodes are free to watch for 14 days

Stuartli 17:35 15 Dec 2006

You have to be using Internet Explorer to be able to download the videos.

giz 07:42 16 Dec 2006

I have set internet explorer exactly as I was told by the on-line helper. I only ever use internet explorer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone