Chaning graphics shared memory

reddwarfcrew 16:58 19 Nov 2006

Hi,

I have a TOSHIBA EQUIUM M70 PSM77E laptop with a 128MB shared memory g-card.

Belarc is telling me that Ihave 512MB of Ram and 504MB being used so I assume that my g-card is using the other 8MB, but how do I alter this figure?

I've looked in the bios and display properties but I just cant see how to change howmuch memory the g-card takes from the RAM.

I've also looked in the manual!!!

Thanks for any help.

sean-278262 17:05 19 Nov 2006

reboot the pc and enter the bios once it starts up usually pressing f2 or delete enters the setup. In there you will find an option to adjust aperture size

Strawballs 17:09 19 Nov 2006

I didn't think that the aperture size was what controled the shared graphics, it is in the bios under shared graphics.

sean-278262 17:15 19 Nov 2006

"I didn't think that the aperture size was what controled the shared graphics, it is in the bios under shared graphics."

It was called that on my dads PC, the guys pc I rebooted yesterday and my sisters laptop. Google and you will find most bios's call it aperture size. It will be something pretty obvious anyway if it isnt.

reddwarfcrew 17:50 19 Nov 2006

.... my bios has neither of those. In fact the bios on my laptop has hardly anything in there compared to my desktop.

ed-0 18:08 19 Nov 2006

Click on > start > control panel > printers and other hardware, the toshiba hardware setup. Scroll down to display. What are the settings.

ps

the laptop will revert to the lowest graphics from memory if it is running on the battery. The highest ammount of ram allocated can only be done via the mains adapter.

It maybe that you just simply ajust the screen resolution to get more memory allocated. The screen should go to 2048 x 1536.

also

check all the setting in display properties click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?