Changing T.V card?

stannerz 11:03 09 Apr 2007

I have a sony pcv-w2 with an analogue T.V. card. Does any one know if and how to change the T.V. card to a digital one?

Stuartli 11:39 09 Apr 2007

You need a Freeview (often termed a DTB or D+A) television card to replace your analogue model.

The D+A represents Digital + Analogue so you can use it for Freeview or standard analogue terrestial transmissions.

Examples include:

click here

click here

click here

stannerz 09:09 12 Apr 2007

Do you know if this is compatible with my PCV-W2? I am looking at changing this over but am a novice when it comes to upgrades etc?

Fingees 09:29 12 Apr 2007

If ou want to make it easy, Just buy a usb plug in digital stick or usb tuner.

You can keep your old one going anyway .

Make sure you are in a diital area.

All the best.

Technotiger 09:33 12 Apr 2007

Hi, if you have a USB Digital TV Stick, you can leave your pci tv card 'as is' it will not be affected, nor will it affect the Digital USB Stick.
In fact, if you also have a webcam or similar attached it will still need the pci tv card in order to operate correctly.

I have a pci tv card, a webcam and a digital tv stick (my stick is the Freecom DVB TV stick).

Technotiger 09:34 12 Apr 2007
  Technotiger 09:37 12 Apr 2007

PS - the DVB TV Stick also has its own Remote Control!

Stuartli 11:14 12 Apr 2007

>>In fact, if you also have a webcam or similar attached it will still need the pci tv card in order to operate correctly.>>

Webcams don't require a PCI TV card to be operational, merely their own driver.

Technotiger 11:36 12 Apr 2007

Hi, I know that, but in my case my webcam works better via the pci tvcard, although I do have the usual type of webcam software too.

Technotiger 11:38 12 Apr 2007

PS - I should have said (in my 09.33 post) it 'may' need, instead of it 'will' need ...

Stuartli 11:43 12 Apr 2007

All the webcams I have owned over a number of years - the current one is a D-Link NetEasy 350Pro - have all been USB types.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone