changing TheGIMP20 back to jpeg extensions

Brian Todd 12:01 25 Nov 2008

I, now folishly installed "The Gimp" a few months ago thinking it mighe be of help.
It proptly changed all the photo extensions to *.theGIMP20.
I removed "The Gimp" but the extensions remained teh same. How do I change all my photos back to *.jpeg please?

MAJ 12:35 25 Nov 2008

Right-click on a jpeg and choose "Open With", click "Choose Program", choose the program you want to open them with, tick the box which says something like "Always use this program...." and click OK.

MAJ 12:38 25 Nov 2008

Also, Brian Todd, you LET Gimp change the associations, it didn't do it to spite you. Read the screens when installing a program, there is an option to set/unset associations during the installation process.

MAJ 12:48 25 Nov 2008

.....is to go to "My Documents" > Tools > Folder Options > File Type tab, scroll down to and select the type of file you want to change the association for, jpeg for example, click the "Change" button. Select your desired program from the list, make sure the "Always use this program...." box is selected, then click OK.

Simsy 19:26 25 Nov 2008

That it changed the name of the files?
Or do you mean that when you save a picture in GIMP, having edited it, that it saves as a gimp file?

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie