Changing size of check boxes

reddwarfcrew 22:31 04 Mar 2006

Hi, I have the code below, but would like to change the size of the check boxes to make them 2 or 3 times bigger than default.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

form>
input type="checkbox" name="bike">
I have a bike
input type="checkbox" name="car">
I have a car
input type="reset" value="Reset" />
/form>

mco 23:50 04 Mar 2006

I know hardly anything about coding but I think you don't have the bit there that gives the information on sizing of the checkbox. Is it possible to post the webpage itself to view the entire source or else to copy and paste a bit more either side of what you've got?

reddwarfcrew 23:58 04 Mar 2006

<html>

<head>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>I have a bike  I have a car</title>
</head>

<body>

<form>
<input type="checkbox" name="bike">
I have a bike
<input type="checkbox" name="car">
I have a car
<input type="reset" value="Reset" />
</form>

</body>

</html>

Forum Editor 08:56 05 Mar 2006

In the whole time I've been involved with site design - and that's a good few years now - I have never once been asked this question, nor have I ever wanted to alter the size of a checkbox, which is set by default.

checkbox and radio-button form fields have the following optional attributes:

'value' is the value the field has when checked; the default is the word "on"

'checked' (no value needed) means it's checked by default

I'm wondering why you would want to make such a huge checkbox in the first place?

reddwarfcrew 09:44 05 Mar 2006

What I have is simply a check list that staff use which is currently in paper and when they have performed each task per process they tick next to the task so they know they've done it.

NOw I want to convert it to an electronic version and to make it easier I wanted larger check boxes so that they don't have to get the mouse pointer in exactly the right position on screen (especially as some staff are not the best with mouses).

I can do exactly what I want in word, but this involves them having to have another appplication open and as they have IE6 open already it seemed to make sense to have a html version of it.

Forum Editor 10:06 05 Mar 2006

Does the information have to be submitted to another location via the browser, or is it simply for their own information?

reddwarfcrew 10:10 05 Mar 2006

It doesn't go anywhere, simply for their own info.

They then press the 'reset' button to clear the checkboxes ready for the next case they process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?