CHANGING "Q" DRIVE TO "D" DRIVE

RubyTuesday 18:26 04 Sep 2006

Can anyone tell me how I change my "Q" Drive to the "D" Drive? I dont know how, but all of a sudden I can't use my CD Drive as it says its "Q" and not "D".....

thanks

STREETWORK 18:38 04 Sep 2006

To change an existing drive letter on a drive, on a partition, or on a volume, follow these steps: 1. Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
3. Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then click Disk Management in the left pane.
4. Right-click the drive, the partition, the logical drive, or the volume that you want to assign a drive letter to, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
5. Click Change.
6. Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
7. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the drive letter change.

rawprawn 18:39 04 Sep 2006

Admin Tools/Computer Management/Disc Management/ Right click on the drive and select Change Drive letter and path. make sure the letter you are choosing is not already in use, if so chamge that first to another letter then change it back to a drive letter you want.

RubyTuesday 18:47 04 Sep 2006

Brilliant people...............it worked......thanks both to "rawprawn" and "streetwork". Very, very grateful to you both................mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..xx

STREETWORK 19:27 04 Sep 2006

Welcome...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?