changing 'from' in outlook express

pookie 10:24 02 Feb 2004

Hi all

Can you come up with a solution to this one?

We have a new staff member using an ex staff member machine. We are unable to reconfigure the settings on the PC to change Outlook from ex staff name to new staff member name. New staff has changed the auto signature but when she sends an email it shows as having been sent by ex staff member name.

For info - all 25 pc's are linked via network server if that helps

Any ideas?

thanks as always

P

Sir Radfordin 10:43 02 Feb 2004

Can you not change the name under Tools/Accounts/Properties for the mail account you are using?

TBH1 10:44 02 Feb 2004

are we talking Outlook or Outlook Express here - - -2 very different beasts.

pookie 10:54 02 Feb 2004

hi and thanks

microsft outlook 2000?

P

TBH1 11:03 02 Feb 2004

sorry pookie, can't help you - - -we use Outlook at work and all 'tweaks' done by admin - -

pookie 11:05 02 Feb 2004

thanks anyway

Sir Radfordin - got tools but can't find accounts? probably me being blind

thanks

P

TBH1 11:30 02 Feb 2004

I think Sir Rad was talking about Outlook Express - - - -see the confusion ?

pookie 11:39 02 Feb 2004

hi - right, it seems that we can't give the new user a mailbox under microsoft exchange server - properties. normally we just type in staff name of mailbox we want to view - it then gets underlined and then we can view emails. how do i add new staff name 'mailbox'? machine is xp pro

P

pookie 13:01 02 Feb 2004

refreshed for lunch crew :-)

pookie 15:33 02 Feb 2004

hi - it appears that we can only sign on/log on the new staff member to network using the old staff members logon - with xp pro 'permissions' i'm having problems. the machine is logged on as eg user david. I can ammend the details in outlook properties - mailbox - check name. the corrct new name is detected and underlined (correct) but when I apply and exit and then try to open outlook as new staff it brings up message saying that i don't have permission to log on (or access account or something)

any thoughts?

P

pookie 12:56 03 Feb 2004

any help? )-;

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?