Changing OS

LevNet 14:35 07 Sep 2009

I have a Medion (Cybermaxx) laptop, specs are a 3.2ghz single core, 2 thread processor, 512gb of ram and an ATI Radeon Mobile IGP 9100 graphics card giving me 64mb. The processor is an Intel Pentium 4. I have tried Linux, but can never get the internet to work on it, but if I could I would switch to it, however, I would like to try a MacOSX on this laptop, what are the pro's and cons, and would a MacOSX work?

Audio~~Chip 14:56 07 Sep 2009

the machines are for Windows

Procrastinus 15:44 07 Sep 2009

Ubuntu should connect you easily. If you do have problems, try their forums click here

DieSse 17:05 07 Sep 2009

I recently bought a laptop (Lenovo)for my computer club, with Vista in Spanish (which we didn't want.

I wiped it clean and loaded Linux Mint (which is based on Ubuntu, but better). It found all the hardware (Webcam, Mic, Wi-Fi, etc etc) with no issues. Connected to wired Ethernet internet immediately I connected the cable - for wi-fi - as soon as it found an access pint (which it did automatically in a different location) it asked for the password, and connected up as soon as it was entered.

In short, no problems at all with Internet. I would unhesitatingly recommend Linux Mint. Of course, there could be issues with other wireless chipsets.

It's now also running Win7 RC in a virtual machine too - and shortly WinXP as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?